Monday, January 2, 2012

11 weeks 1 day

We just got back from vacation with our families. We told them all about the baby.

When we got to my parents' house, I handed my mother the box with the scrapbook in it. She asked why she was getting a gift early. I told her that we found the box in the car and she should open the card. She opened it- it read "Dear Gramma, could you make this for me? Love Baby S." She started screaming and hugged both of us. Then she called my aunt and grandmother and told them. On Christmas eve, I made her a star that read "Grandma to be" and she wore it to the Duckett family Christmas party to share with everyone. Everyone was really excited for us and we were the center of attention a lot. On Christmas day, we told the rest of the family on my mother's side. For my birthday, we went out to lunch and my aunt got me Chicken Soup for the Expectant Mother's Soul. I also got a Kindle for Christmas and read Pregnancy Sucks, which was a really funny book about the troubles that come with pregnancy.

On Wednesday, we went to Todd's mother's house. We unpacked a little and then exchanged gifts. She opened the charms we got her for her charm bracelet, including one that said "Promoted to Grandma." She studied them for a few minutes, then put them down and started into the rest of her gifts. Todd asked her if she understood what they meant. She went back and read them all aloud. She was silent for a few minutes until Todd said, "Mom, we're not talking about the dogs." She looked at me hard for a minute, then started screaming.

I'm so happy everyone is as excited as they are about the baby. But I'm starting to dislike the attention. We have a lot more people to tell so I'd better get over that!

While we were at my mom's, she brought up the surgery that I had when I was 8 days old. She explained that the doctors had to create my cervical sphincter because the muscles weren't connected. She said that they told her that I will likely have an incompetent cervix when I went to have children. I will need a procedure called Cerclage to prevent early labor and delivery. This is when they put a few stitches in the cervix to hold it closed. I am going to talk to my doctor about it at my next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment