Saturday, April 28, 2012

28 weeks!

This has been a bit of an eventful week. On Sunday night, I felt like the baby had dropped really low and it was hard to walk. I tried drinking some water and stayed off my feet the rest of the night. Around 10pm, I started feeling some tightening in my uterus. I went to bed and drank a lot more water. It continued on and off until around 2am when I was able to sleep. I woke up at 4:30 because it was happening again every 4-5 minutes. I drank more water and it stopped after about an hour. I woke up at nine and it started back up and I was having a lot of abdominal pain. I could feel baby pushing out with his butt every time I had the tightening feeling. I called my Dr.'s office and the nurse told me to go to Labor and Delivery for monitoring. I called Todd and told him what was going on but he was stuck in a training at work and couldn't come get me so I called a friend and she came and picked me up and took me to L&D. Once there, they hooked me up to a fetal monitor and a contraction monitor. I was having "small contractions." They took blood and urine and discovered that I was very dehydrated. They gave me 2 bags of fluids by IV and the contractions slowed way down. A midwife checked me internally for infections, signs of early labor, and my cervix. My cervix was closed,  the early labor tests came back negative,  and she didn't see any outward signs of infection. Baby was fine the whole time. He was moving all around and kicking the monitors. After about 4 hours, the contractions stopped and they let me go home.  I was still in pain, but they said that was from the baby fighting the contractions and it would go away in a few days.

I saw Dr. S. on Friday. He said that all the tests from L&D came back negative and baby looked good. He checked his heartbeat and it was good. My blood pressure was 115/79 and I haven't gained any weight. He talked to me about fluid intake and told me to rest this weekend. He also said that I am now on every other week appointments with him.

I have been resting on the couch all day other than going to the bathroom every half hour.

What is baby up to? He's a kicking machine and moves all over the place all the time. He's very feisty as we learned during the hospital visit. He has been kicking my belly button a lot lately, which feels so weird! My belly button is getting shallower every day but I think it's in his way!

Upcoming events:
5/3- Growth ultrasound
5/10- Dr. S
5/27- PA baby shower

No comments:

Post a Comment