Tuesday, July 3, 2012

37 Weeks 3 days

This picture was taken at 37 weeks on Saturday. Thirty-seven weeks is considered full term by many doctors and baby books. That means that if Zachary were to come now, they wouldn't stop him.  I think my belly looks lower in this picture. I had a growth ultrasound and a non-stress test (NST) last Thursday. Baby is head down and now weighs almost 6 lbs. For the NST, they put a heart monitor on him and watched his heart rate for 20 minutes. He hated it. First he kept moving away from the monitor so they had me hold it so he couldn't escape. Then he got the hiccups for about 20 minutes. Poor little guy. They actually did the NST first, then the ultrasound. By the time we got to the ultrasound, he was pouting.

You can see him in profile here. Pouting. Anyway, everything looks good. I will have another NST this week and every week until I deliver. I don't know why this is, but I plan to ask Dr. S. at my appt this week.

Over the weekend, Laura came to visit and we went on a shopping spree at Babies R Us.  We got the crib mattress, blankets, a tray for the Bumbo chair, a nursing cover, a few clothes, socks, the Boppy pillow, and a few other small things. We are pretty much ready for baby now. Todd's friend is bringing the crib next weekend and setting it up for us. My hospital bag is slowly being put together. I need to pick up a few things at Target this weekend and then I should be ready to go.

Upcoming Events:

7/5- NST and Dr. S. weekly appt
7/12- NST and Dr. S. weekly appt
7/19- NST and Dr. S. weekly appt
7/21- DUE DATE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment